Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Saturday, February 18, 2006

My de-stresser

After work, went to Comfort Driving Centre at Ubi with Bee Kim to book my Basic Theory Test. Unfortunately, the earliest test date is 21st March and Bee Kim's baby may be due in that period, so i ended up registering for it alone. After that we went to Sim Lim Square to buy some stuff then Bugis Cafe for dinner. Ah Kim left at 9 something, while i stayed to do some shopping.

It feels good to be alone once in a while. I bought a top for work, probably can wear it for my coming interview. Dunno why but felt like walking so i switched on my MP3 player, put on my ear phones and started to walk towards the direction home.

I think the type of music/ songs affects one's mood. I was listening to My Lovely Samsoon's soundtrack and it's really good! Among the various soundtracks that i own, namely Stairway to Heaven, Sad Love Story and Full House, My Lovely Samsoon is the only one that i've been listening to for the past few days, without skipping a track. All the songs and music inside are simply heaven...my current fave.

Anyway, i felt like i was back in my schooling days...seeming to have all the time in the world...walking at my own leisurely pace, listening to my favourite songs, with the whole world shut out. It's a really good de-stresser i feel. At least for that short period of time, there's only yourself. You are temporarily cut off from the reality, with no need to think about work or anything depressing/ negative.

I like taking bus rides too. It may sound weird but it's the same idea as walking alone. Both gives me a sense of peace and a moment to myself. Perhaps its like this: the things that i see around me passes so quickly that it just makes me feel so insignificant...yet there i am, walking/ sitting in the bus, watching them go past. It simply has a great sense of irony yet there's something calming in it to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home