Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Dilemma

I'm at home again. Went for the 3rd interview with Parkway Shenton. This time is with the COO. He's quite a nice guy -- easy going and humourous. Most importantly is he is sincere, at least it seems to me.

Initially i thought this job was a gone case. Coz i went for the 2nd interview on 6 March (Monday) and the interviewer said that if i didn't get a reply by the week, it means i'm not selected.

Well, 3 weeks had gone by so naturally i thought i didn't get the job. However, i received a phone call asking me to go for 1a 3rd interview! It's really puzzling to hear from the HR gal that she didn't know i met the 2nd interviewer when it was she herself who arranged the meeting!

Anyway, i had long decided that i would wait for my bonus in June before leaving. It's really the logical thing to do coz the bonus would be ard 2-3 mths and it would really come in handy.

Besides, i've just done my annual appraisal and am waiting for the pay increment in April. It won't be a lot but at least it gives me better bargaining power when negotiating the pay for future jobs.

Now that this 3rd interview has come along, it really frustrates me. Though it's not confirmed, but what if? What if i really get the job? Should i just quit and forgo my bonus? Or should i let go of the opportunity and stay on for the bonus? Since i've already waited for so long, staying on for 2-3 more mths doesn't really make a difference. But the new job sounds like what i like to do...and it's not easy getting all the way here.

For money's sake, a part of me is hoping that i don't get the job. At least it spares me the agony of having to decide between quitting n staying. Well, the "results" will be out tommorrow so meanwhile i guess i'll just see what happens.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

take the bonus!! 3 mths?! if u earn 2k, bonus = 2k x 3 = 6k?!! gosh.... i will hang on just for that! keke

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger itoshiiyun said...

think 3 mths is the max..heard from my colleague that they got 2-2.5 last yr. anyway singtel juz went thru major re-organisation and my big boss kena axed, maybe bonus this yr not so big. me probably gg to quit le... =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home