Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Monday, April 03, 2006

My decision

I have accepted the job offer.

Between a 2-3 months bonus, pleasant work environment, good colleagues and a higher monthly pay for a job scope that I find more challenging and fulfilling, I choose the latter.

Have called the HR manager to inform them and thought that I would be going down to sign the appointment letter, but she said she’d snail mail it to me instead. I thought it was a good idea initially, but after off-setting the no. of leave I have to clear, I realized it was not that ideal.

She said the letter would reach me by Wednesday, meaning that I can only tender on Thursday (6 Apr). 1 month’s notice would mean my last day is on 5 May (Friday). I should have about 7 days leave, so after off-setting my leave, my last day would fall on 25 Apr (Tuesday).

If I can tender tomorrow, my last day would be on Friday (21 Apr), which is a casual, not much workload day! Besides, Mondays are always busy and since I’m thinking of starting work at the new company on 2 May (Tuesday), it means I have 2 days less of rest!

I know I am grumbling about nitty gritty minor stuff here, but I just cannot stand the idea of my 2 rest days being eaten up by work.

I shall give the HR manager a call early tmr morning and see if I can pick it up personally then sign and return to them so that I can tender on Wednesday, a day earlier. It may seem insignificant but I dun care…I must have more rest days before embarking on a new phase in life. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home